I contacted Discount Mortgage Relief after struggling to make my mortgage payments due to an illness that I had in which many expenses were experimental and not covered by insurance.We are not lowlives, who bought a house that they couldn't afford.

We had two mortgage payments saved, did all of the right things, but after $10,000 in out of pocket medical expenses, we were broke and in trouble. I explained my situation to my mortgage lender, Countrywide, at the time, who basically said "sorry for your luck". I then began checking into loan modification and reluctantly hired Discount Mortgage Relief, after they assured me that they had a 97% success rate and that if it didn't work out, we would get our money back. That was in August.

Months went by, before I heard from anyone and for anyone that has ever called this office, you will understand how difficult it is to get anyone on the phone. You are on hold for at least 30 minutes, and then since they have no voicemail system, you are most likely disconnected. On the few occassions when I did talk to someone, I was always unclear about what they were trying to do for me. They asked for our income information at least 5 times.

I thought that it be in my best interest to call my mortgage lender directly and was told that they had no request for any type of modification. When I finally got someone to return my call from DMR, they blamed the bank for losing everything. Anyway, we received foreclosure papers on our loan. I called DMR again and finally had a decent processor who informed us that we were declined for the modification, that we didn't qualify because our income exceeded 31% of the mortgage payment.

Based on the number of times, that I sent the income information to them, I think that they should have been able to figure that out and tell us that we didn't qualify. Instead, they took our money, and prolonged the experience. DMR then indicated that they would work with the bank for some sort of in house loan modification. Since I had become skeptical, I contacted the bank directly and was told that there was no such thing, and that my only option was to re-instate my loan, or lose my home.

We are now in the process of borrowing money from everyone that we know to save our home.We will deal with DMR to get our money back for the lack of service that they provided, but this is proof that well educated, good people can be scammed also, when they become desperate enough.

Monetary Loss: $2000.

Had an Experience with DISCOUNT MORTGAGE RELIEF?

Comments

soccermom

Does anyone have an update on the lawsuite that has been filed in Arizona against this company? I have requested my money back on several occassions, only to start receiving cold calls from them that they were still available to do a modification is I needed them to.

I can't believe that they are still in business. When is this going to stop?

John Common is about to be FEDERALLY INDICTED. DO NOT GIVE THIS MAN OR COMPANY YOUR MONEY!!!!!!! THIS MAN IS GOING TO GO TO PRISON FOR A VERY LONG TIME....

HE WILL NOT BE PASSING GO, HE WILL NOT BE COLLECTING $200, HE WILL BE GOING DIRECTLY TO JAIL.

EVERYONE WHO WORKS FOR MORTGAGE RELIEF START LOOKING FOR A NEW JOB...

If that doesnt work and you still need help.I understand what you are going thru.

We had delt with former customers of DMR.I hope it works out for you!

They lie to the employees just like they lie to the customers.You have to have no conscience to work for these *** once you find out what really goes on there.

There are legit companies out there but do your research. There are more bad than good.

Most are just incompetent, some are outright fraudulent.If you live in AZ, go there and bang the door down til you get your refund.

just requested my money back will see if they return it. wish i had read all this prior to turning over money

We have been ripped off also buy them..Everytime we call same ole *** and most the time the person dont work there...How they getting away with it still??