As a former employee of Discount Mortgage Relief (and major lenders such as Chase and Wells Fargo) I urge you categorically do NOT have Discount Mortgage Relief do your loan modification. They are setup to take your money and to provide as little a service as possible to their "clients". The testimonials they provide are fake as well. The employees are taught to lie and most have no idea what they are talking about, which is why if you get them off their script they are clueless.

If you have tried to contact them after you fork over between $1,000 and $4,000 to have them do your loan modification, you have probably noticed it is very difficult. No one there even has voicemail and this is how the management wants it...as DIFFICULT as possible for you to get in touch with them. When you try to call, you will be hung up on, placed on hold in a phone system that moved you in the *** down to #1 in line, then bumps you back up to 30. That's how they want it. They say the phone system is being upgraded, but my clients said they were told that for months. I was even reprimanded for taking ownership and personally getting a processor on the line for a client. I was told to put them back in the phone system, instead of making sure the client got what they needed. They keep every single door locked, even though there is building security, to prevent those who have been cheated out of their money from coming face to face to speak with someone.

The sales people have NO mortgage experience and are reading 100% off of script the corrupt owner "John Common" put together.

If you want to get a loan modification done, call a REAL LAW FIRM. A good resource is findlaw.com. You should trust your home to people who know what they are doing and really care, not the sleezeball "legal team" at Mortgage Relief. For the record, I know of no attorneys who actually work there. And I would never recommend this company to anyone.

But, don't take my word for it. It's YOUR home on the line. This company, like "John's" other failed companies will probably not be around long enough for you to see a loan modification completed or get your money back.

Had an Experience with DISCOUNT MORTGAGE RELIEF?

Comments

erick hitchcock must be a criminal, ive known the criminal john common for 12 years and his entire existence is crime...dumb *** wanta be lawyer....you make me sick punk, how anyone can stand up for this creep is disgusting...probably never met him....

This news story is correct and this place was raided by the FBI. So any consumers looking at this thread should know categorically that this is NOT the company with which to do business.

Sure, they may save a few homes, but anyone doing illegal things has to help SOMEONE in the short term to get more money in the long term.

I'm glad I am one of the ones who called the Attorney General and I hope anyone who has been screwed by this company follows suit. I will cooperate to the full extent of the law to make sure none of these people do business for as long as possible!

People are waking up John. Hopefully, anyone working for you does too before they end up rotting in a jail cell with you.

Mortgage Relief - Wow or whatever they are calling themselves these days was raided today.I cannot not say it enough times GET A REFUND if they refuse call the attorney general in az and in the state that you are from and notify them of the situation.

YOU CAN VERIFY THE STORY IF YOU GO TO CHANNEL 5 NEWS IN ARIZONA. I am sure they are willing to talk to anyone who has information for them.

Oh Yeah Corky or is this John or Bruce you got your answer today.Don't post anything if you do not know what you are talking about.

#121999

The number listed for mr john actually works. I encourage EVERYONE to call this a**.

WHY HAS THIS LARGE SCAM NOT BEEN AIRED ON FOX NEWS CHANNELS.

AFTER ALL

DIRECT TV CABLE FOX NEWS AIRED DISCOUNT MORTGAGE RELIEF COMMERCIALS ALL DAY FOR ABOUT 5 MONTHS

AND IN THE COMMERCIAL IN THE BACKGROUND WAS THE WHITE HOUSE.

EVER SEEN THIS COMMERCIAL?

WONDERING IF THE COMMERCIAL WAS NATION WIDE.

WONDER WHAT DISCOUNT MORTGAGE DOES WITH EVERYBODYS I D

WE KNOW FOR A FACT THEY TAKE YOUR MONEY FOR NOTHING.

Aside from a bunch of people unable to reach people at the company for refunds they were supposed to get and similar issues, what I saw was shoddy customer service and the importance of profit ahead of clients. To me, that's enough to work with someone else.

All I'm saying. Your clients can decide on their own. If you are as legit and as good as you claim to be, then you have nothing to worry about and this discussion should be over.

Best.

TO THE ABOVE, YOU TAKE OFFENSE YOU ARE TELLING THE EMPLOYEE TO DO MORE RESEARCH MORE OR LESS BEFORE TRASHING YOU BECAUSE YOU ARE WATCHING OUT FOR CONSUMERS, AND YOU REFER YOUR CLIENTS TO A REAL FIRM WHO CAN HELP THEM.SO WHAT YOU ARE SAYING THAT THE MAJOR LENDER YOU WORK FOR DOES NOT PERFORM LOAN MODIFICATIONS TO THIER CONSUMERS AM I READING THAT RIGHT, I AM JUST CURIOUS.

I FIND THE BANTERING ON THESE PLACES INTERESTING, I WONDER WHY NO ONE WILL EVER PUT THEIR NAME, LIKE IT IS A SECRET. PEOPLE ARE HAPPY TO THIS JOHN AND KATHY OUT THERE BUT NOT THEIR OWN, WHICH IS PROBABLY BEST THEY DON'T IT COULD FALL UNDER SLANDER OR DEDFIMATION OF CHARACTER. STILL SEEMS JUST SILLY TO ME, YOU TAKE TIME OUT OF YOUR DAY TO COMPLAIN ABOUT A COMPANY. THEN SOMEONE ELSE TAKES TIME OUT OF THEIR DAY TO RESPOND EVEN IN DEFENDING ONE'S EMPLOYER.

I BELIEVE WHICH MY OPINION MEANS NOTHING IM JUST READING, AND I AM TAKING TIME OUT OF MY DAY TO RESPOND TO SUCH SILLY THINGS AS THIS BUT I HAVE TIME AND WANT TO PUT MY THOUGHTS IN. TO THE FORMER EMPLOYEE ARE YOU AWARE OF THE PROCESS THAT ONE GOES THROUGH WITH THE ATTORNEY GENERALS OFFICE AND THE BBB AND THE LENDERS. EVERYONE SEEMS TO THINK THEY KNOW WHAT THEY ARE TALKING ABOUT BUT I DON'T THINK YOU DO. THE EMPLOYEE BELIEVES THAT DMR IS SAVING HOMES.

AND THE FORMER EMPLOYEE NEVER SAID DMR DID NOT SAVE HOMES JUST HAD A FEW COMPLAINTS WHILE FEILDING CALLS, THE EMPLOYEE KNOWS THAT DMR IS SAVING HOMES. FORMER EMPLOYEE NEVER MENTIONED...

POLL SAYS THEY ARE. MAYBE THEY DO HAVE COMPLAINTS FROM WHAT I AM READING THERE ARE COMPLAINTS, WHEN ONE TELLS YOU NOT TO GO TO THE BBB THEN YOU HAVE TO GO LOOK THERE WERE 40 COMPLAINTS I BELIEVE I JUST SCANNED IT. BUT THEY WERE ALL RESOLVED. IT DOES SAY THAT DMR IS NOT AN ACCREDITED MEMBER OF THE BBB MEANING THEY HAVE NOT APPLIED TO THEM OR HOWEVER THAT WORKS.

I BELIEVE YOU HAVE TO APPLY TO THE BBB. I WILL DO MORE RESEARCH AND GET BACK TO YOU ON THAT. I SEE THEY DO HAVE LEGAL COUNSEL.MAYBE FORMER EMPLOYEE YOU ARE SEEMED CONCERNED WITH THE HAPPENINGS THERE YOU CAN CHECK MR.HITCHCOCK OUT WITH THE ARIZONA BAR ASSOCIATION.

YOU SOUND RESOURCEFUL.JUST READING

I find it amusing to see former employees who are no longer with the company but feel the need to bash the company.I also find it amusing when one believes he or she whoever you maybe to continue to come back and diginify anything they have said previously.

Whoever you may be why don't you call John and ask what he is doing. The number is posted, why wouldn't you. What is point the of bashing a company and an individual if you can only do it online. That is the point right.

It is the only place you dare be brave enough to. Dare not call this individual and ask. And had you asked the man while still employed you would have recieved an answer. You tell people not to go to the BBB but to go to the Attorney General.

Do you not realize that if we were not saving homes and had successful loan modifications then we would not be in business. I believe it time you get over yourself and move on. You say you still keep in touch with individuals that work here. Funny the key word they still work there.

Weather you chose to leave on your own or were let go it is probably better for the company and the families we help stay in their home. Yes we do know that someone's home is where they rest their head at night and it is where their memories are made. If you feel the need to bash I am assuming it makes you feel better, then do so we will still be here helping families. That is what we do.

It sounds like what happened is things did not go the way...

Now that you are working for a major lender and doing a fine job as you say, dare have you asked them how many loans we have gotten modified with them, who knows maybe you are working at a car dealership or just a teller in a bank. Have no idea nor do I care. I believe that consumer's should be protected. After all I am one.

Isn't that why the CONSUMER'S ACT was put into place. I believe it was. My point being this regardless what you believe or care to share, we do what we say we will do. Does not matter if the agents have a script or not getting one off script is neither here nor there, at the end of the day we save homes that is our job.

You can believe what you like, I see our success daily and that is justification enough for me, and to those who we have helped stay in their home as well. What you seem to have missed while you were here. People who are loosing their home have fear. The lenders are not helping them, we are.

Have any idea how many people call scared they are going to loose their home. We keep them in thier homes, you post what you feelyou say you are not disgruntled I beg to differ,. You post its not your investment its thiers which is right it is theirs. You speak of the major lender you work for now and thats great I am happy for you, but at the end of the day with your complaining and bashing how many homes have you saved.

You give your opinion and that is why the country we live is wonderful because we can do that, but honestly at the end of the day how many homes have you saved has your lender saved. Its reported by the Us Department of Treasureary that only 13000 loans have actually been modified by Major Lenders so how many have you and your major lender performed. Do you Know have you asked.

Or are you waiting to leave there and then online and post horrible things about them too.Food for thought huh.,

Finally, some transparency. Too bad it took all of this. Hopefully, everything checks out for your clients, because most of the ones I spoke with weren't too happy about not getting refunded when they were supposed to, as well as a MAJOR lack of communication (which appears to be systemic and intentional).

I hope you address DMR's internal issues as well, including: rampant unprofessionalism (including people coming to work drunk and high), blatant lying to clients on sales calls, uninformed sales agents, John Common cursing out his employees at full voice in the middle of the office (making one lady cry for 30 minutes)....the list goes on, so I will stop it there.

To any consumers, if you are dissatisfied or have been cheated, contact the Arizona Attorney General, not the Better Business Bureau.

I will continue to refer my clients to firms where you don't have to go through hoops and a month's worth of posts on consumer reporting sites to get results.

Best wishes to all readers.